Incorporated in 1978, AEPC is the official body of apparel exporters in India that provides invaluable assistance to Indian exporters as well as importers/international buyers who choose India as their preferred sourcing destination for garments.
A quick look at how the Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC) has been the moving force behind lot of achievements:
- It has Head Office in Gurgaon with Registered Office at Okhla and 10 offices pan India.
- AEPC today is a powerful body for the promotion and facilitation of garment manufacturing and their exports.
- For Indian exporters, AEPC is a one-stop shop for information advise technical guidance workforce and market intelligence. Members have access to updated trade statistics potential markets information on international fairs and assistance in participating at these fairs. It also plays a large role in identifying new markets and leading trade delegations to various countries.
In recent years AEPC has worked tirelessly in integrating the entire industry - starting at the grass root level of training the workforce and supplying a steady stream of man power to the industry; identifying the best countries to source machinery and other infrastructure and brokering several path breaking deals for its members and finally helping exporters to showcase their best at home fairs as well as be highly visible at international fairs the world over.
Twice a year, AEPC showcases the best of India's garment export capabilities through the prestigious India International Garment Fair, playing host to over 350 exhibitors displaying the exotic, the haute, the pret, the contemporary and much much more.
With AEPC's expertise and all the advantages that India has, it makes for a truly win-win situation - Indian exporters grow stronger each year in their achievements, skills and proficiency, while international buyers get superior solutions for their garment imports.
To promote, support and facilitate Indian apparel industry to enhance its competitive advantage and global positioning in a holistic and sustainable way that is beneficial to all stakeholders of the industry.
AEPC attains the vision by facilitating industry to achieve national targets on export promotion, employment generation , productivity enhancement and brand creation in a responsible and progressive manner and thereby providing enhanced value to the consumers in specific and society at large.
AEPC's main objectives
- To promote, advance, increase, develop export of all types of readymade garments, excluding, woollen knitwear and garments of leather, jute and hemp.
- To undertake all export promotion measures, particularly to undertake market research, provide inputs for budgets and Foreign Trade Policy, Provide inputs for various FTAs, PTAs and Bilateral agreements, to monitor tariff and other restrictive practices of importing countries, to find out the product range and export prices of garments of other countries, to develop new designs and patterns of garments, to undertake marketing in individual foreign markets, to send trade delegations and missions to foreign countries as well as to survey export potential of ready made garments from the country.
- To publicize and highlight to importers and the public in foreign countries the advantages of trade and commerce with India and to create a liking for the various types of garments markets for the purpose of continuously and regularly reporting to manufacturers, traders and exporters of garments.
- To assist members, especially, in the small scale sector by giving assistance in the matter of understanding and implementation of the drawback, rules and procedures, import license facilities provided and how to apply for the facilities.
- To establish design centers, to evolve improved design and patterns and garments suitable for export, to improve the qualities and standards of the fabrics and garments by importing technical knowhow, to encourage export production of quality garments and to undertake necessary research in fashions, designs and techniques and to encourage manufacture of garments for exports.
- To undertake training of workers and technical personnel, to improve the skill of workers engaged in garment manufacturing in India and to assist in the technological base of the garment industry.
- To obtain from members of the Council and to prepare for the council as a whole, action plans for promotion of exports, development of export markets, generation of production for exports, setting of export targets generally and in relation to specific countries and commodities on an annual basis and for such medium and longer terms as may be considered desirable and to ensure/ undertake execution of such plans.
- To co-operate with government and other various organizations in the country and abroad with a view to further promotion of exports of ready made garments.