Mission,Vision & Values
To promote, support and facilitate Indian apparel industry to enhance its competitive advantage and global positioning in a holistic and sustainable way that is beneficial to all stakeholders of the industry.
AEPC attains the vision by facilitating industry to achieve national targets on export promotion, employment generation , productivity enhancement and brand creation in a responsible and progressive manner and thereby providing enhanced value to the consumers in specific and society at large.
AEPC's main objectives
- To promote, advance, increase, develop export of all types of readymade garments, excluding, woollen knitwear and garments of leather, jute and hemp.
- To undertake all export promotion measures, particularly to undertake market research, provide inputs for budgets and Foreign Trade Policy, Provide inputs for various FTAs, PTAs and Bilateral agreements, to monitor tariff and other restrictive practices of importing countries, to find out the product range and export prices of garments of other countries, to develop new designs and patterns of garments, to undertake marketing in individual foreign markets, to send trade delegations and missions to foreign countries as well as to survey export potential of ready made garments from the country.
- To publicize and highlight to importers and the public in foreign countries the advantages of trade and commerce with India and to create a liking for the various types of garments markets for the purpose of continuously and regularly reporting to manufacturers, traders and exporters of garments.
- To assist members, especially, in the small scale sector by giving assistance in the matter of understanding and implementation of the drawback, rules and procedures, import license facilities provided and how to apply for the facilities.
- To establish design centers, to evolve improved design and patterns and garments suitable for export, to improve the qualities and standards of the fabrics and garments by importing technical knowhow, to encourage export production of quality garments and to undertake necessary research in fashions, designs and techniques and to encourage manufacture of garments for exports.
- To undertake training of workers and technical personnel, to improve the skill of workers engaged in garment manufacturing in India and to assist in the technological base of the garment industry.
- To obtain from members of the Council and to prepare for the council as a whole, action plans for promotion of exports, development of export markets, generation of production for exports, setting of export targets generally and in relation to specific countries and commodities on an annual basis and for such medium and longer terms as may be considered desirable and to ensure/ undertake execution of such plans.
- To co-operate with government and other various organizations in the country and abroad with a view to further promotion of exports of ready made garments.